Just like death and taxes, price increases for the services we love are inevitable. As we reported back in August, the price for all Disney-owned streaming services are set to increase by the end of this year.
ESPN+ upped their price at the end of August, Disney+ will increase their prices in December, and Hulu raised their prices on October 10th.
Here’s what you need to know.
Hulu Standalone Plans
Hulu’s two tiers are now called Basic and Premium.
- Hulu Basic (w/ Ads) costs either $7.99 a month or $79.99 a year (previously it was $6.99/mo. or $69.99/yr.)
- Hulu Premium (No Ads) costs $14.99 a month (previously $12.99/mo). Hulu Premium does not offer a yearly billing option.
What About Hulu + Live TV?
The price for Hulu + Live TV remains unchanged until December 8th, 2022.
Here are the plans as they exist right now BEFORE December 8th:
- Hulu (w/ Ads) + Live TV is $69.99/mo. Includes Disney+ and ESPN+.
- Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV is $75.99/mo. Includes Disney+ and ESPN+.
Now here are the plans AFTER December 8th:
- Basic: Includes Hulu (w/ Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (w/ Ads), & ESPN+ for $69.99/mo.
- Premium: Includes Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (No Ads) & ESPN+ for $82.99/mo.
Existing “legacy” customers can get a plan with Hulu (w/ Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (No Ads), & ESPN+ for $74.99/mo.
What about the Disney Bundle?
The price for the Disney Bundle (that includes Hulu) won’t go up until December 8th, either.
For now here are the Disney Bundle plans BEFORE December 8th:
- Hulu (w/ Ads), Disney+, & ESPN+ for $13.99/mo.
- Hulu (No Ads), Disney+, & ESPN+ for $19.99/mo.
Here are the Disney Bundle Plans AFTER December 8th.
- Basic (no ESPN+): Hulu (w/ Ads), Disney+ (w/ Ads) for $9.99/mo.
- Basic: Disney+ (w/ Ads), Hulu (w/ Ads), ESPN+ for $12.99/mo.
- Premium: Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (No Ads), ESPN+ for $19.99/mo.
Existing “legacy” customers on the Disney Bundle with Hulu (w/ Ads) plan can keep it for $14.99/mo.
The main thing to know is this: Hulu went up by $1 for the ad-supported plan and $2 for the ad-free plan. Starting in December, the Disney Bundle and Hulu + Live TV will change their pricing structure, too.