It’s officially here- one of the year’s biggest shopping days, Amazon Prime Day. It can seem overwhelming to navigate all the deals, though. To help with this process, we’ve compiled a list of the best Prime Day deals on streaming players, smarts TVs, and more!
Shall I Stream It is viewer-supported and provides honest reviews. To support this work, some links feature partners where commission is earned for purchases. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips for Prime Day
This year’s Prime Day is actually spread over two days, July 12th-13th, 2022. It begins on Tuesday the 12th at 3 AM EDT and lasts for exactly 48 hours.
While there are sales every minute of Prime Day, there are some strategies to maximize your savings. Amazon releases “Lightning Deals” that last for limited periods on Prime Day.
Some of the best deals are usually during the times that people arrive at work, since most online shopping occurs when people are sitting at a desktop computer. Experts recommend waiting until 9:00AM-12:00AM EDT to make purchases.
Amazon also offers coupons. This year there is also the ability to earn a $10 credit by collecting four digital “stamps” when you perform tasks like watching a show on Prime Video. If you plan to see either Lightyear or Elvis in theaters, you can get a $5 Prime Day credit when you buy a ticket here.
Finally, you can get a $200 Amazon Gift Card when approved for an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card on Prime Day. Apply for it here.
Take note that you will need to be a Prime member to take advantage of these deals. For more info, check out our list of 8 things to know before signing up for Amazon Prime in 2022.
Fire TV Devices
If one thing is a given, it’s that Amazon will have huge discounts for their own devices on Prime Day. The prices for the Fire TV streaming players may vary throughout both days with Lightning Deals.
At the time of publication, here are the prices:
- Fire TV Stick Lite (two most recent models): 60% off for $11.99 each
- Fire TV Stick: 58% off for $16.99
- Fire TV Stick 4K: 50% off for $24.99
- Fire TV Stick 4K Max: 36% off for $34.99
- Fire TV Cube: 50% off for $59.99
Apple TV devices
Apple and Amazon might be rival companies, but you can still purchase Apple products through Amazon. Apple is offering a substantial discount on its streaming players for Prime Day.
Both the 32 GB and 64GB Apple TV 4K models are a whopping $70 off.
Roku is also offering some steep discounts for Prime Day. You can get their streaming players for up to $40 off. Need help picking a Roku player? Check out our Roku Buyer’s Guide here.
- Roku Express HD: $17.99 (normally $29.99)
- Roku Express 4K+: $24.99 (normally $39.99
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K: $29.99 (normally $49.99)
- Roku Ultra 2021: $69.99 (normally $89.99)
- Roku Ultra 2022: $79.99 (normally $99.99)
- Roku Streambar: $89.99: (normally $129.99)
If you plan to purchase a “big ticket” item like a Smart TV, Prime Day can be a good time to really make sure you stretch your budget. Here are some of the best deals.
- Samsung Lifestyle TVs up to $2,002 off
- LG OLED and QNED TVs up to $1,700 off
- TCL Smart TVs up to $800 off
- Samsung QLED TVs with Alexa Built-In up to $1,500 off
- Amazon Fire TV Smart TVs (Lightning Deals through both days)
Antennas for Free Local TV
One of the best ways to get free TV is with an antenna. Once it’s hooked up, you’ll get dozens of local channels with no monthly fee. Be wary, though, because there is some “junk” out there in this category. Two brands that we’ve vetted and trust are Antennas Direct and Mohu. Both have high quality products and excellent customer service.
- Antennas Direct ClearStream Eclipse Amplified TV Antenna: 22% off with clickable coupon
- Antennas Direct ClearStream Eclipse TV Antenna: 22% off with clickable coupon
Check out the rest of Antenna Directs product lineup on their Amazon store page here.
- Mohu Leaf Amplified Indoor Antenna: 22% off with clickable coupon
- Mohu Leaf Supreme Pro Amplified Antenna: 22% off with clickable coupon
See the rest of Mohu’s product lineup on their Amazon store page here.
Over-the-air DVRs to Record Live TV
Once you’ve hooked up an antenna, an over-the-air DVR will let you record shows and even cast your signal to multiple TVs or devices. Here are some Prime Day deals on DVRs.
- Fire TV Recast (both 500 GB & 1TB Models): $100 off
- Tablo Duo Lite OTA DVR*: 25% off for $105.65
- Tablo Quad OTA DVR*: 20% off for $160.58
Both Tablo models require an external hard drive for storage.
Streaming Service Deals
Amazon is offering Prime Channels for just 99 cents a month for up to two months. Get this deal here. The Channels this is offered on include:
- PBS Masterpiece
- Hallmark Movies Now
- PBS Kids
- PBS Documentaries
- Up Faith & Family
- Movie Sphere
One Last Thing
Shall I Stream It now has an Amazon store! If you like this site and think what we do is helpful, consider making a purchase from here- it helps us out! We carefully vet out the best streaming players, antennas, and TV accessories and will post them on our store page.
Shall I Stream It is your source for streaming service reviews, news, and other cord-cutting tips.
Follow on social media and subscribe to the email newsletter with the links below!
Follow Shall I Stream It: