Another month is upon us and with that comes a whole host of new streaming shows and movies. Here are a list of the top streaming shows and movies coming in April 2022.
This blog post refers to streaming releases in the United States.
- Trivia Quest (Netflix). A new interactive daily trivia show based on the popular Trivia Crack app.
- The Bubble (Netflix). Ensemble comedy film from Judd Apatow with a cast including Keegan-Michael Key, Kate McKinnon, Maria Bakalova and The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal. It’s about a group of actors on a closed filmed set during the COVID-19 pandemic who must all live and work together as they film a dinosaur action movie.
- Better Nate Than Ever (Disney+). Adapted from the Young Adult novel about a 13-year-old boy who sneaks away from home to pursue his big dram of auditioning for a Broadway musical.
- Tony Hawk: Until the Wheels Fall Off (HBO Max). A wide-ranging look at the life and career of the famous pro skater.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture: The Director’s Edition (Paramount+). Largely unavailable since it’s DVD release 20 years ago, this recut version of the 1979 film will be released for the first time in a 4K remastered edition on Paramount+.
- Our Great National Parks (Netflix). Five-part docuseries from the executive producer of Blue Planet II about America’s greatest national parks and wild spaces. Narrated by former President Barack Obama.
- The Kardashians (Hulu). A new reality show featuring the Kardashian family that serves as a follow-up to the long-running Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- Outer Range (Prime Video). Mystery thriller series about a rancher who uncovers a mystery in the Wyoming wilderness. Stars Josh Brolin.
- The First Lady (Showtime). Anthology series about First Ladies of the United States. The first season stars Viola Davis as Michelle Obama, Michelle Pfeiffer as Betty Ford, and Gillian Anderson as Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Russian Doll, season 2 (Netflix). Long-awaited return of the comedy-drama series created by, and starring, Natasha Lyonne about a woman who repeatedly dies and is relives the same night on a time loop and her quest to figure out why this is happening.
- The Flight Attendant, season 2 (HBO Max). Kaley Cuoco stars in this Max Original about a flight attendant-turned CIA agent who is out to solve a murder case.
- Various National Geographic & Disneynature documentaries for Earth Day (Disney+). Highlights include Disneynature’s Polar Bear, Explorer: The Last Teupui featuring Free Solo’s Alex Honnold on an expedition through the Amazon jungle, and The Biggest Little Farm: The Return, a follow-up special to the award-winning 2018 feature about a Los Angeles couple who abandon their urban life to grow food on a rural farm.
- Barry, season 3 (HBO & HBO Max). The dark comedy crime drama that stars Bill Hader as a hitman returns for another season after being delayed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sketchbook (Disney+). Instructional series where Disney animators teach viewers how to draw popular Disney characters.
- The Offer (Paramount+). Miniseries about the making of the landmark gangster film The Godfather.
- Under the Banner of Heaven (Hulu). True crime drama miniseries starring Andrew Garfield about a fundamentalist Mormon police detective whose faith is shaken when investigating a murder that seems to involve the Church.
- Shining Girls (Apple TV+). Thriller series starring Elisabeth Moss about a woman who survives a brutal attack that leaves her in a “constantly shifting reality.” Years later she discovers that a murder was linked to her assault and tries to uncover the killer’s identity.
Follow Shall I Stream It: