The summer is in full swing! As Americans get ready for Independence Day, a number of companies are offering discounts on streaming.
Highlights this month include new discounts on the Disney Bundle for Uber EATS customers, 4 months of AppleTV+ free for Target Circle customers, and a Fourth of July discount on CuriosityStream.
July 12-13th is also Amazon's Prime Day, so expect some discounts then, too.
Please note this info is relevant to the versions of these services in the United States. Pricing & trials may vary in other regions.
Shall I Stream It is viewer-supported and provides honest reviews. To support this work, some links feature partners where commission is earned for purchases. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Free Streaming Trials- A Handy Little Chart
To make things easy, here is a chart with every major streaming service and what free trials they currently offer. If you would like to avoid getting charged, make sure to cancel before the end of the trial period.
|Name of Streaming Service||Free Trial Offered?||For How Long?||Sign-Up Link||Price After Trial|
|Netflix||No 🚫||N/A||Sign up||$9.99/mo (Standard)|
|Hulu||Yes ✅||30 Days||Sign up||$6.99/mo (w/ ads)|
|Prime Video||Yes ✅||30 Days||Sign up||$8.99/mo (video only)|
$14.99/mo (w/ Prime)
|HBO Max||No 🚫||N/A||Sign up||$9.99/mo (w/ ads)|
|Paramount+||Yes ✅||7 days||Sign up||$4.99/mo (Essential)|
|Peacock||Offers free plan||Unlimited w/ ads||Sign up||$0 (Free Plan)|
|Discovery+||Yes ✅||7 Days||Sign up||$4.99/mo (w/ ads)|
|Apple TV+||Yes ✅||7 Days||Sign up||$4.99/mo|
|Disney+||No 🚫||N/A||Sign up||$7.99/mo|
|Showtime||Yes ✅||30 days||Sign up||$10.99/mo|
|STARZ||No 🚫||N/A||Sign up||$3/mo.|
for 6 months
(limited time deal)
|CuriosityStream||No 🚫||N/A||Sign up||$2.99/mo (HD)|
|AMC+||Yes ✅||7 days||Sign up||$6.99.mo|
|Shudder||Yes ✅||7 days||Sign up||$4.75/mo|
|ESPN+||No 🚫||N/A||Sign up||$6.99/mo|
|YouTube TV||Yes ✅||14 days||Sign up||$54.99/mo for 3 months|
|Hulu + Live TV||No 🚫||N/A||Sign up||$69.99/mo|
|fuboTV||Yes ✅||7 Days||Sign up||$69.99/mo|
15% off 1st mo.
|DIRECTV Stream||Yes ✅||5 days||Sign up|
*$54.99 (1st 2 mos)
$74.99 (1st 2 mos)
$89.99 (1st 2 mos)
|Sling TV||No 🚫||N/A||Sign up||$35 (Blue)|
$50 (Blue + Orange)
*All plans 50% off
|Philo||Yes ✅||7 days||Sign up||$25/mo|
|Frndly TV||Yes ✅||7 days||Sign up||$6.99/mo (Basic)|
Streaming Service Discounts & Bundles
In addition to the free streaming trials mentioned above, here are some additional deals and discounts you can get this month.
Photo by Ron Lach on Pexels.com
Amazon's Prime Day is July 12-13th, but some deals have already started. They include:
- $0.99/mo. Prime Channels (for 1st two months). Included in this deal are Paramount+, Discovery+, STARZ, Showtime, AMC+, EPIX, Noggin, PBS Masterpiece, BET+, ACORNtv, ALLBLK, Hallmark Movies Now, PBS Kids, PBS Docs, Up Faith & Family, Moviesphere, & Pantaya. Get deal here.
- One year of Grubhub+ free for Prime members. Includes free food delivery & extra savings. Get deal here.
- The HD Fire TV Stick is 57% off for $16.99. The Fire TV Cube is 50% off for $59.99.
- Roku players are on sale up to $40 off. Check them out here.
You must be a Prime member to get all of these deals. Sign up here and get 30 days free.
For all other Prime Day deals, go here.
Get $30 off your first two months for all plans after free trial. 3 free months of HBO Max, Showtime, STARZ, EPIX, & Cinemax with Choice or Ultimate plans. Get this deal here.
Get first 3 months of YouTube TV for just $54.99/mo after 14 day free trial. Use referral link below and get AN ADDITIONAL $10 off. 14 days free and 1st month for $44.99!
Xfinity customers can get Peacock Premium for free with certain plans. Details here.
STARZ is offering their memberships for just $3/mo. for six months (normally $8.99/mo.). Sign up here.
Get $50% off your first month of Sling TV (all plans) plus a free month of Showtime, STARZ, & EPIX. Get deal here.
Get Disney+ for just $2.99/mo. (normally $7.99/mo) when you add it to your Hulu subscription. For step by step instructions, go here.
Photo by Stanley Morales on Pexels.com
- Amazon Prime- Students can get a six month free trial, then an Amazon Prime Student subscription for either $7.49/mo or $69/yr. Students can also add-on Showtime for $0.99/mo for 12 months. Sign up here.
- Hulu– Students can get the ad-supported Hulu plan for just $1.99/mo. Sign up here.
- Spotify Premium– After a 30 day free trial, students can get a bundle of Spotify, Hulu, & Showtime combined for just $4.99/mo. Sign up here.
- Paramount+: Students can get 25% off a subscription (scroll down to “Are You a Student?” on the homepage and verify your school). Sign up here.
- Discovery+: Students can get the ad-lite Discovery+ plan for $2.99/mo. (normally $4.99). Sign up here.
Photo by Danne on Pexels.com
Take note that the availability of each streaming service may vary if you are serving overseas. Check the websites linked on this page for more details each streaming service’s availability.
- Discovery+: Active-duty military, spouses, reservists, or veterans can get 7 days free then a discounted membership of $2.99/month for the ad-lite plan. Sign up here.
- Hulu: Active-duty military service members can get a discount of 10% off a regular Hulu membership every month for 12 months (after free 30 day trial). Must be purchased through The Exchange here.
- Showtime: Members of the military can save 60% off for four months after a free trial through ID.me. You can access this deal here. A Showtime separate deal is offered through GovX. This deal is open to current and former military as well as their families. It reduces the monthly price from $10.99/mo to $8.99. Access this deal here.
- Disney Bundle: Current and former military, as well as their families can save 25% with the Disney bundle through GovX. This includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Access this deal here.
- Disney+: Military discount of 25% off annual Disney+ subscriptions is offered through The Exchange. Get the deal here.
- fuboTV: Save $10 off your first two months of fuboTV through GovX. Like the other GovX deals this offer is open to current and former military and their families. Get the deal here.
- Recipients of EBT (also called SNAP or Food Stamps) and Medicaid benefits can get a monthly Amazon Prime membership for 50% off ($6.99/mo). You’ll also get a 30 day free trial. This includes all the benefits of Amazon Prime including free delivery, access to Prime Video, and special deals. You can use your EBT balance to pay for groceries ordered through Amazon. To verify your eligibility go here.
Photo by Olya Kobruseva on Pexels.com
- Paramount+: Get 12 months for the price of 10 with an annual membership. Essential Plan for $49.99/yr. and Premium Plan for $99.99/yr. Sign up here.
- Amazon Prime: Get all the benefits of Prime for $139/yr (equivalent of $11.58/mo). Sign up here.
- HBO Max: Save 16% with an annual plan. Ad-supported is $99.99/yr and ad-free is $149.99/yr. Sign up here.
- Peacock: Annual plans are $49.99/yr for Peacock Premium or $99.99/yr for Peacock Premium Plus. Sign up here.
- CuriosityStream: $19.99/yr for HD and $69.99/yr for 4K. Get deal here.
- Disney+: Get annual plan for $79.99/yr. Sign up here.
- Disney Bundle: Includes Hulu (w/ ads), Disney+, & ESPN+ for $13.99/mo or get Hulu (w/ no ads) with your bundle for $19.99/mo. Sign up here.
- Showtime Bundle: Save up to 28% by bundling Paramount+ with Showtime. Essential Plan w/ Showtime is $11.99/mo. or $119.99/yr. Premium Plan w/ Showtime is $14.99/mo or $149.99/yr. Get offer here