Do you love binge-watching shows on streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, or HBO Max? Are you the go-to person for all things pop culture and fandom?
Shall I Stream It is growing and to help with that growth we need additional writers!
For now, these are unpaid internships but there are perks included. They are:
- Get exposure on a site that gets thousands of readers a month
- Get credit for your work publicly. You can post links to your personal site, Twitter, etc.
- A monthly stipend to cover the cost of streaming services
- Possibility of screening movies & TV shows in advance from major studios.
- Other incentives such as gift cards, contests for writers, etc.
Contributing writers will focus on two main areas: movie and TV reviews and news articles.
Paid positions may come up in the future and you will be informed of that opportunity if/when it arises.
This is a super relaxed, write-from-home scenario that is fully remote. That being said, if you want to continue writing on a regular basis, you'll need to commit to writing at least one, 500+ word article per week.
If interested please submit two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the Google Form here.
You don't need to be a Pulitzer-winning journalist for this gig but the general requirements are:
- Possess a love for pop culture, TV, and entertainment.
- General knowledge of streaming services, the internet, and tech (i.e. can you use a Roku player?).
- Firm grasp of the English language and the ability to write in an easy-to-understand manner.
- SEO and WordPress experience helpful but not required.